Studio Troupe | Ages 13-18
Studio Troupe is a pre-professional music theatre ensemble that connects training with performance. Our highly skilled artistic team lays out a strong foundation of skills to train students to be well-rounded performers, while gaining the experience of production two musical productions.
Studio Troupe is a year-long training program
Troupe Auditions are held in May for the following September. Auditions for the 2017/18 school year were held in May 2017.
Auditions for the 18/19 school year will be held in May 2018. Click here to be added to our mailing list for audition updates!
Studio Troupe audition requirements include:
- 2 contrasting music theatre songs (32-bar selection)
- 1 monologue (60 seconds or under in any style)
- Completed audition form
- Resume (optional)
To be announced!
Rehearsals: Wednesday 6:30-9:30pm | Some Sundays (Times TBA)
Winter Production: November 25-26 2017 at Toronto Centre for the Arts Studio Theatre
Spring Production: April 26-28, 2018 at Toronto Centre for the Arts Studio Theatre
What We Provide
- Skilled, industry-professional instructors
- Show materials including script and score
- Two fully-realized productions in a professional setting
- Double-cast shows that allow more students to shine in lead roles
- Over 100 hours of dedicated rehearsal and training time in our state-of-the-art Zlotnik Studio Theatre
- A supportive environment for young artists to grow and explore their potential
- A fun-filled, social experience for creative youth
- Punctual attendance at all rehearsals
- Preparation: materials are reviewed outside of class time, students come to rehearsals with their script, pencil, and proper clothing/footwear
- A positive and supportive attitude in the rehearsal space and the theatre
- Willingness to learn, experiment, and grow in both featured and ensemble roles
- Participation and punctual attendance in all tech and dress rehearsals, and performances