Studio Troupe | Ages 13-18
Studio Troupe is a pre-professional music theatre ensemble that connects training with performance. Our highly skilled artistic team lays out a strong foundation of skills to train students to be well-rounded performers, while gaining the experience of production two musical productions.
The year is divided into two terms: Fall and Spring. The end of each term culminates in a full-scale production of a musical at the Toronto Centre for the Arts.
Each term, students will audition for roles, giving them the opportunity to practice preparing material and auditioning in front of a panel. Students are cast by the artistic team, often in both principal and ensemble roles.
The rest of the term is devoted to rehearsal, including staging, choreography, and music. Students are encouraged to spend time independently reviewing material and researching the history and context of the show, and to create their own unique characters.
Rehearsals for Studio Troupe are Wednesdays 6:30-9:30pm, as well as some Sundays 12:30-4:30pm. All rehearsals take place at our facility at 77 Samor Rd (Unit 4).
Troupe auditions are held annually in the spring. Auditions for the 2018/19 school year were held May 9-15, 2018.
Studio Troupe audition requirements include:
- 2 contrasting music theatre songs (age appropriate, 32-bar selection)
- 1 monologue (1 minute or under in any style)
- Completed audition form
- Resume (optional)
2018/19 Schedule & Fees
Rehearsals: Wednesday 6:30-9:30pm | Some Sundays 12:30-4:30pm
Winter Production: December 7-9, 2018 at Toronto Centre for the Arts Studio Theatre
Spring Production: May 3-5, 2019 at Toronto Centre for the Arts Studio Theatre
Tuition: $2200+HST, $30 Annual Registration Fee
What We Provide
- Skilled, industry-professional instructors
- Show materials including script and score
- Two fully-realized productions in a professional setting
- Double-cast shows that allow more students to shine in lead roles
- Over 100 hours of dedicated rehearsal and training time in our state-of-the-art Zlotnik Studio Theatre
- A supportive environment for young artists to grow and explore their potential
- A fun-filled, social experience for creative youth
- Punctual attendance at all rehearsals
- Preparation: materials are reviewed outside of class time, students come to rehearsals with their script, pencil, and proper clothing/footwear
- A positive and supportive attitudee
- Willingness to learn, experiment, and grow in both featured and ensemble roles
- Participation and punctual attendance in all tech and dress rehearsals, and performances