Studio Troupe | Ages 13-18
Bravo Academy’s Advanced Music Theatre Troupe Program is a year-long experience dedicated to providing the finest music theatre education in the Greater Toronto Area.
Students work with INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS and experienced theatre educators to produce high-quality performances, while receiving ADVANCED LEVEL TRAINING in the elements of music theatre. Admission to the program is by audition only, resulting in a FAST-PACED CREATIVE ENVIRONMENT where budding artists can truly shine. Music theatre encourages children to use their IMAGINATION, work as a team, develop communication skills and build self-confidence.
Studio Troupe is the program where young artists (ages 13-18) begin to build professional-level music theatre skills, with an emphasis on conduct, preparation, and collaborative creation in the rehearsal room.
Learn more about our Troupe programs!
The year is divided into two terms: Fall and Spring. The end of each term culminates in a full-scale production of a junior or full-length musical at the Toronto Centre for the Arts.
Each term, students will audition for roles, giving them the opportunity to practice preparing material and auditioning in front of a panel. Students are cast by the artistic team, often in both principal and ensemble roles.
The rest of the term is devoted to rehearsal, including staging, choreography, and music. Through the rehearsal process, students will learn to create unique characters, work collaboratively with team members, develop ensemble performance skills, and gain confidence!
Rehearsals for Studio Troupe are Wednesdays 6:30-9:30pm, as well as some Sundays 12:30pm-4:30pm. All rehearsals take place at our facility at 77 Samor Rd (Unit 4).
Fall 2019: Anne of Green Gables
Lyrics by Don Harron, Norman Campbell, Elaine Campbell, and Mavor Moore
Book by Don Harron
All of our Troupe programs are audition-based and highly competitive. Troupe auditions are held annually in early May for the following school year. Once accepted, students also audition for their role(s) at the beginning of each term. While students do not require past music theatre experience to audition, successful applicants are those that demonstrate a high level of singing and acting ability in the auditions. In addition, a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and overall energy are major factors.
Studio Troupe audition requirements include:
- 2 music theatre songs (age appropriate, 32-bar selection)
- 1 monologue (60 seconds or under in any style)
- Sheet music for accompanist (preferably double-sided, hole-punched and in a binder)
- Completed audition form
- Resume (optional)
NOW ACCEPTING VIDEO SUBMISSIONS FOR SPRING 2020. Full audition requirements, along with helpful preparation tips and resources, are available on our Audition page.
2019/20 Schedule & Fees
Rehearsals: Wednesdays 6:30-9:30pm | Some Sundays 12:30-4:30pm
Winter Production: Anne of Green Gables, December 310-15, 2019 at Toronto Centre for the Arts
Spring Production (Title TBA): April 21-26, 2020 at Toronto Centre for the Arts
Tuition: $2300+HST, $30 Annual Registration Fee
What You Gain
- Learn music theatre fundamentals
- Improve your singing, dancing, and acting
- Make friends with other young performers in your community
- Build confidence
- Gain leadership and teamwork skills
- Grow creatively in a supportive environment
- Improve presentation skills
- Prepare for further studies or professional opportunities in music theatre
- Work with industry professionals
- Gain valuable performing experience
- Make lifelong friends
- Have fun!
What We Provide
- Highly skilled and credentialed industry-professional instructors
- Show materials including script and score
- Detailed schedules and rehearsal resources on Student’s Corner
- Access to audition postings for professional opportunities
- Workshops and master class opportunities with guest artists to further your development
- State-of-the-art rehearsal facility
- A fully-realized production in a professional setting
- Full set, lights, costumes, hair and make-up designed by a team of professionals
- Full-time Production Stage Manager
- Double-cast shows that allow more students to shine in lead roles
- Official Troupe t-shirt