AGES 9-12 | WEDNESDAY
A class designed to explore deeper into the art of acting. Fundamentals of stagecraft and theatre etiquette will be taught through games and activities, while professional directors instruct students in the many styles of drama! Students will learn about the many types of theatre and plays, and work on ensemble, partnered and monologue scenes, while developing their skills in diction, character work, and intention. This collaborative class will present a final piece in our term-end showcase in our Studio Theatre. Youth Acting is highly recommended for young artists with previous performing experience who want to focus on developing their acting ability and stage presence.
Wednesdays: 5:15-6:15pm – September 4 – December 11
A $30 Annual Registration Fee will also be added upon your first registration for the year, on checkout. Please note that HST will be added upon checkout.
What We Provide
- A small classroom environment for optimal learning
- Qualified, enthusiastic instructors
- A state-of-the-art facility equipped with professional sound and lighting
- Scripts and monologues
- Costumes and props
- Dress rehearsal and presentation for friends and family
- A fun-filled experience!
- Creating characters and settings using prompts and improvisation
- Understanding of simple theatrical conventions: on-stage vs. off-stage, performer vs. audience
- Focus and presence
- Line memorization
- Simple movement – parts of the body, using the stage, fast vs. slow
- Memorizing and performing monologues
- Performing and creating a scene with partners