Teen Troupe | Ages 13-19
Teen Troupe is a professional training program that gives students the opportunity to work with industry leaders to develop advanced music theatre skills. With two full-scale productions each year, this exclusive ensemble prepares, supports, and encourages performers to realize their full potential.
Troupe Auditions are held in May for the following September. Auditions for the 2017/18 school year were held in May 2017.
Auditions for the 18/19 school year will be held in May 2018. Click here to be added to our mailing list for audition updates!
Teen Troupe audition requirements include:
- 2 contrasting music theatre songs (32-bar selection)
- 1 monologue (60 seconds or under in any style)
- Completed audition form
- Resume (optional)
To be announced!
Rehearsals: Tuesday 6:30-10:00pm | Sundays 4:30-10:00pm
Winter Production: December 9-10, 2017 at Toronto Centre for the Arts Studio Theatre
Spring Production: April 20-22, 2018 at Toronto Centre for the Arts Studio Theatre
What We Provide
- Skilled, industry-professional instructors
- Show materials including script and score
- Two fully-realized productions in a professional setting
- Double-cast shows that allow more students to shine in lead roles
- Over 150 hours of dedicated rehearsal and training time in our state-of-the-art Zlotnik Studio Theatre
- A supportive environment for young artists to grow and explore their potential
- A fun-filled, social experience for creative youth
- Punctual attendance at all rehearsals
- Preparation: materials are reviewed outside of class time, students come to rehearsals with their script, pencil, and proper clothing/footwear
- A positive and supportive attitude in the rehearsal space and the theatre
- Willingness to learn, experiment, and grow in both featured and ensemble roles
- Participation and punctual attendance in all tech and dress rehearsals, and performances