JUNIOR MUSIC THEATRE
MONDAY & SATURDAY
Our Junior Music Theatre programs are a fun-filled adventure into the world of music theatre! For young people who love to perform, create characters, and express themselves through song and dance. Classes will involve dramatic exercises, ensemble music and creative movement, culminating in a final showcase performance in our studio theatre. The final performance will be held at the end of the term showcasing the students in excerpts from a musical.
Featuring hits from Kiss Me Kate, 42nd Street, A Chorus Line, Chicago, and more! Students will collaborate in creating their own story about the wonderful world of theatre and performance, and getting bit by the THEATRE BUG!
Mondays: 4:30-5:45pm – April 8 – June 24
Saturdays: 11:00am-12:15pm – April 13 – June 22
A $30 Annual Registration Fee will also be added upon your first registration for the year, on checkout. Please note that HST will be added upon checkout.
What We Provide
- A small classroom environment for optimal learning
- Qualified, enthusiastic instructors
- A state-of-the-art facility equipped with professional sound and lighting
- Scripts and sheet music
- Costumes and props
- Dress rehearsal and performance for friends and family
- A fun-filled experience!
- Ensemble and solo vocal performance: varying rhythms and dynamics, song structure, reading music
- Creating characters & relationships onstage, within a fictional world
- Understanding theatre conventions: story structure, dramatic forms
- Focus and presence
- Line memorization
- Collaborative scene and script creation
- Storytelling and emotional connection through movement
Sample Junior Schedule
Week 1: Meet your instructors, and your new friends! In our first class, we learn about our fellow performers, and receive show materials to take home.
Weeks 2-4: We work on our performance skills through dramatic exercises and activities, incorporating voice and movement, along with learning our music and creating a story. We also practice our songs and lines at home so we can be prepared for the show!
Weeks 5-8: We stage and polish our performance, using the techniques we’ve learned and our own understanding of characters and story. We work together and contribute our ideas to create an original performance.
Week 9: Dress rehearsal! We try on our costumes and practice our final performance before the audience arrives.
Week 10: Show time! With lights, props, and costumes, we show our friends and family what we’ve learned in an ensemble performance featuring highlights from a popular musical. Students perform in our state-of-the-art Zlotnik Studio Theatre, with professional lighting and sound, and live piano accompaniment.