About Our Programs
Our Private Music Lessons are designed to suit the needs of each individual student, encouraging them to explore the technical and creative sides of music!
Music is a universal language that lasts for a lifetime. At Bravo Academy we see the growth of analytical skills, cognitive development, creative ability and confidence in our students every day. We offer many musical styles and teaching strategies to suit every student: from advanced Royal Conservatory Piano, to singer-songwriter guitar, to music theatre voice and so much more.
Every student is different, so each lesson is approached with the student’s individual goals, strengths, and personality in mind. Our teachers work with individual students to craft customized lesson plans.
A typical music lesson includes some combination of the following:
- Technical exercises – warming up the instrument to prepare for sustained practice; just like you warm up to run or play sports, you warm up to sing or play!
- Music theory – an important skill for any music student, written theory review covers the building blocks of musical performance – notes, scales, and how to read music.
- Rhythm exercises – as a part of music fundamentals, rhythm training prepares students to follow music patterns and perform with ease.
- Repertoire – students work toward performing a full piece, whether at our semi-annual recital or as part of a major performance!
- Composition – advanced students will explore the basics of creating their own music pieces!
In addition to regular private lessons, our instructors offer occasional coaching sessions. Coachings focus on rehearsing specific material in preparation for a performance or audition. Instructors offer feedback on technique and style, as well as overall performance.
If you’re interested in booking a coaching session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for rates and availability.
Every private lesson student is invited to perform in our semi-annual recitals in late November and May. Students work with their instructor to select a piece that demonstrates their technique and progress, and perform for family, friends, and peers at our Bravo Academy Zlotnik Studio Theatre.
Instructors may also recommend festivals or competitions for their students to showcase their abilities, including:
ROYAL CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC
Every student has their own goals for the music study. We encourage many students to pursue Royal Conservatory of Music certification.
The Royal Conservatory of Music (RCM) Certificate Program is a standardized approach to music education available across the country. Students work through each grade level, practicing performance technique and music theory, gradually improving their performance skills with a thorough and challenging curriculum.
RCM certification is recognized across Canada by most major music programs and training facilities, and is recommended for students pursuing music at a secondary or post-secondary level.
Our instructors are qualified to teach RCM in their respective disciplines and can tell you if RCM is right for you!
Book a FREE 15-minute trial in the discipline of your choice!