Learn. Explore. Develop.
Bravo Academy offers master classes and workshops aimed at advanced music theatre students wishing to go deeper into their craft and gain industry insights. Guest artists – ranging from working performers and top artists in their fields to post-secondary level instructors and professionals in casting and producing – share their expertise with small classes, to assist young and emerging artists in honing their craft.
Master classes and workshops are often offered to our Advanced Music Theatre or Emerging Artist students as part of their program tuition. Other master classes and workshops are open to all Bravo Academy students or the general public!
Shari Quallenberg Master Class
Thinking of getting an agent? Not sure what is involved and how to start?
Bravo Academy is excited to bring back Shari Quallenberg who will be giving a Master Class to Bravo Academy students and families to answer common questions such as; what is involved with getting an agent, what does an agent do, when to get an agent, how to get an agent and much more.
June 4, 7:00-8:00pm
Bravo Academy Studio Theatre
Open only to currently registered Bravo Academy families at no fee.
Sign up is required in order to participate as we have limited space.
Past Guest Teaching Artists Include:
- Bob Martin (Actor, Writer, Stage Director, Tony Award Winner for The Drowsy Chaperone)
- Greg Morrison (Composer, Writer and received Canadian Comedy Award and a Sterling Award for Original Composition)
- Robert McQueen (Stage Director, Dramaturge & Teacher – Broadway, Stratford Festival of Canada, Canadian Opera Company, Acting Up Stage)
- Mitchell Marcus (Artistic & Managing Director of Acting Up Stage)
- Michael Rubinoff (Producing Artistic Director, Canadian Music Theatre Project – Sheridan College)
- Brian Hill (Writer of Theory of Relativity and Story of My Life, Director for Stratford Shakespeare Festival)
- Marc Richard (Coordinator Bachelor of Music Theatre – Sheridan College)
- Tom Diamond (Theatre & Opera Director – Canadian Opera Company)
- Shannon Coates (PhD in Vocal Pedagogy, University of Toronto Voice Faculty and Vocal Instrument 101)
- Darryl Edwards (University of Toronto Voice Faculty, Artistic Director of Centre for Opera Studies in Italy)
- Patrick Burwell (Professor of Music Theatre at St. Lawrence College)
- Larissa Mair (Casting Director, Larissa Mair Casting & Associates Inc.)
- Shawn Wright (Sheridan College Faculty, Shaw Festival and Stratford Festival featured performer)
- Tracey Flye (Director/Choreographer, Mirvish Productions, Stratford Festival, Ross Petty Productions)
- Steven Gallagher (Director, Rumspringa Break!, Myth of the Ostrich, Playwright, Stealing Sam, Drama 101)
- Christopher Wilson (Sheridan College Vocal Faculty)
- Britta Johnson (Composer-Lyricist, Life After, Brantwood, Trap Door, Dr. Silver)
- Matt Murray (Playwright, Rumspringa Break!, Going Under, Myth of the Ostrich)
- Julie Tomaino (Director/Choreographer, Citadel Theatre, Hart House, Port Hope Festival)
- Alan Kliffer(Artistic Producer, Kliffer Entertainment)
- J. Sean Elliott (Director/Performer, Stage West, Drayton Festival)
- Anne Allan (Director-Choreographer for Charlottetown Festival, Stage West, Theatre Aquarius, Stratford Festival)
- Adam Sakiyama (Composer-Lyricist, Super Simple Songs)
- Colleen Dauncey & Akiva Romer-Segal (Composer-Lyricists, Prom Queen, Rumspringa Break!, Bremen Rock City)
- Kevin Wong (Composer-Lyricist Drama 101, The Preposterous Predicament of Polly Peel (Act One), Associate Artistic Director at Musical Stage Company)
- Shari Quallenberg (Agent, AMI Agency)
- Geoff William-Scott (Theatre Agent, The Talent House)
- Dean Armstrong (Founder, Armstrong Acting Studios)