JUNIOR Troupe | Ages 7-10
Train with highly skilled teaching artists who are dedicated to fostering students’ singing, dancing, and acting skills. Students will perform in a showcase mid-year and a full-scale Junior Musical in the spring.
Junior Troupe begins the year with several weeks of skill-based workshops, focused on vocal performance, movement, and character work. The fall term culminates in a showcase performance in our Zlotnik Studio Theatre.
Students will audition for their roles in our spring musical, a full-scale Junior Musical. The remainder of the year is dedicated to rehearsing the spring show, which will be presented at the Toronto Centre for the Arts Studio Theatre in North York.
Rehearsals for Junior Troupe are Mondays 6:00-8:00pm, as well as some Sundays 9:30am-12:30pm. All rehearsals take place at our facility at 77 Samor Rd (Unit 4).
Troupe auditions are held annually in the spring. Auditions for the 2018/19 school year were held May 9-15, 2018.
Junior Troupe audition requirements include:
- 1 music theatre song (age appropriate, 32-bar selection)
- 1 monologue (30 seconds or under in any style)
- Completed audition form
- Resume (optional)
2018/19 schedule & fees
Rehearsals: Mondays 6:00-8:00pm / Some Sundays 9:30am-12:30pm
Winter Showcase: Sunday, November 24, 2018 | Spring Production: Saturday, April 13 – Sunday, April 14 at the Toronto Centre for the Arts
Tuition: $1300+HST, $30 Annual Registration Fee
What We Provide
- Skilled, industry-professional instructors
- Show materials including script and score
- A fully-realized production in a professional setting
- Double-cast shows that allow more students to shine in lead roles
- Over 60 hours of dedicated rehearsal and training time in our state-of-the-art Zlotnik Studio Theatre
- A supportive environment for young artists to grow and explore their potential
- A fun-filled, social experience for creative youth
- Punctual attendance at all rehearsals
- Preparation: materials are reviewed outside of class time, students come to rehearsals with their script, pencil, and proper clothing/footwear
- A positive and supportive attitude
- Willingness to learn, experiment, and grow in both featured and ensemble roles
- Participation and punctual attendance in all tech and dress rehearsals, and performances