JUNIOR Troupe | Ages 8-10
Bravo Academy’s Advanced Music Theatre Troupe Program is dedicated to providing the finest music theatre education in the Greater Toronto Area.
Students work with INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS and experienced theatre educators to produce high-quality performances, while receiving ADVANCED LEVEL TRAINING in the elements of music theatre. Admission to the program is by audition only, resulting in a FAST-PACED CREATIVE ENVIRONMENT where budding artists can truly shine. Music theatre encourages children to use their IMAGINATION, work as a team, develop communication skills and build self-confidence.
Junior Troupe is a fun-filled experience that introduces young artists (ages 8-10) to the fundamentals of music theatre - the perfect program for the young performer who is ready for a challenge, no experience required!
With equal measures of pluck and positivity, little orphan Annie charms everyone's hearts despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. Annie is determined to find the parents who abandoned her years ago on the doorstep of an orphanage run by the cruel Miss Hannigan. Annie eventually foils Miss Hannigan's evil machinations, finding a new home and family in billionaire, Oliver Warbucks, his personal secretary, Grace Farrell, and a lovable mutt named Sandy.
Our Fall 2021 season will be conducted primarily in-person, with some virtual rehearsals. Students will work towards an in-person performance in December 2021, either livestreamed or for a live audience, depending on what COVID restrictions permit. Rehearsals will be held according to COVID-19 provincial guidelines. Should in-person rehearsals not be permitted, Bravo Academy is able to provide a rich virtual experience for all students.
4 additional Sunday rehearsals 9:30-11:30am
Monday September 13 - FIRST REHEARSAL
Saturday November 20 - TECH REHEARSAL
Wednesday November 24 - DRESS REHEARSAL
Friday November 26 - DRESS REHEARSAL
Saturday November 27 - SHOW 1
Sunday November 28 - SHOW 2
Fall 2021: $800 + HST + $33.90 Annual Registration Fee
Please refer to our Student Policies for further information.
All of our Troupe programs are audition-based. Troupe auditions are held annually in May for the following school year. Once accepted, students also audition for their role(s) at the beginning of each term. While students do not require past music theatre experience to audition, successful applicants are those that demonstrate a high level of singing and acting ability in the auditions. In addition, a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and overall energy are major factors.
Full audition requirements, along with helpful preparation tips and resources, are available on our Audition page.
What You Gain
- Learn music theatre fundamentals
- Improve your singing, dancing, and acting
- Make friends with other young performers in your community
- Build confidence
- Gain leadership and teamwork skills
- Grow creatively in a supportive environment
- Improve presentation skills
- Prepare for further studies or professional opportunities in music theatre
- Work with industry professionals
- Gain valuable performing experience
- Make lifelong friends
- Have fun!
What We Provide
- Highly skilled and credentialed industry-professional instructors
- Full-time production stage manager to oversee all Troupe class schedules and production elements
- Show materials including script and score
- Detailed schedules and rehearsal resources on Student’s Corner
- A fully-realized production in a professional setting
- Limited cast sizes so all students have a featured role
Click here to be added to our mailing list for audition updates!