JUNIOR Troupe | Ages 7-10
Bravo Academy’s Advanced Music Theatre Troupe Program is a year-long experience dedicated to providing the finest music theatre education in the Greater Toronto Area.
Students work with INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS and experienced theatre educators to produce high-quality performances, while receiving ADVANCED LEVEL TRAINING in the elements of music theatre. Admission to the program is by audition only, resulting in a FAST-PACED CREATIVE ENVIRONMENT where budding artists can truly shine. Music theatre encourages children to use their IMAGINATION, work as a team, develop communication skills and build self-confidence.
Junior Troupe is a fun-filled year-long experience that introduces young artists (ages 7-10) to the fundamentals of music theatre – the perfect program for the young performer who is ready for a challenge!
Learn more about our Troupe programs!
Junior Troupe begins the year with several weeks of skill-based workshops, focused on vocal performance, movement, and character work. The fall term culminates in a showcase performance; students perform short scenes and musical numbers from your favourite musicals, including a sneak peek at our spring production.
Students then audition for their roles in our spring musical, a full-scale Junior Musical. The remainder of the year is dedicated to rehearsing the spring show, which will be presented at the Toronto Centre for the Arts Studio Theatre in North York. Through the rehearsal process, students will learn to create unique characters, work collaboratively with team members, develop ensemble performance skills, and gain confidence!
Rehearsals for Junior Troupe are Mondays 6:00-8:00pm, as well as some Sundays 9:30am-12:30pm. All rehearsals take place at our facility at 77 Samor Rd (Unit 4).
All of our Troupe programs are audition-based and highly competitive. Troupe auditions are held annually in early May for the following school year. Once accepted, students also audition mid-fall for their role(s) in the spring production. While students do not require past music theatre experience to audition, successful applicants are those that demonstrate a high level of singing and acting ability in the auditions. In addition, a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and overall energy are major factors.
Junior Troupe audition requirements include:
- 1 music theatre song (age appropriate, 32-bar selection)
- 1 monologue (30 seconds or under in any style)
- Sheet music for accompanist (preferably double-sided, hole-punched and in a binder)
- Completed audition form
- Resume (optional)
Full audition requirements, along with helpful preparation tips and resources, are available on our Audition page.
Rehearsals: Mondays 6:00-8:00pm / Some Sundays 9:30am-12:30pm
Winter Showcase: Monday, November 11, 2019 at the Toronto Centre for the Arts
Spring Production (Title TBA): April 28-May 3, 2020 at the Toronto Centre for the Arts
2019/20 Tuition: $1400+HST, $30 Annual Registration Fee
What You Gain
- Learn music theatre fundamentals
- Improve your singing, dancing, and acting
- Make friends with other young performers in your community
- Build confidence
- Gain leadership and teamwork skills
- Grow creatively in a supportive environment
- Improve presentation skills
- Prepare for further studies or professional opportunities in music theatre
- Work with industry professionals
- Gain valuable performing experience
- Make lifelong friends
- Have fun!
What We Provide
- Highly skilled and credentialed industry-professional instructors
- Show materials including script and score
- Detailed schedules and rehearsal resources on Student’s Corner
- Access to audition postings for professional opportunities
- Workshops and master class opportunities with guest artists to further your development
- State-of-the-art rehearsal facility
- A fully-realized production in a professional setting
- Full set, lights, costumes, hair and make-up designed by a team of professionals
- Full-time Production Stage Manager
- Double-cast shows that allow more students to shine in lead roles
- Official Troupe t-shirt