KINDER MUSIC THEATRE
WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY & SATURDAY
Our Kinder Music Theatre programs are a fun-filled introduction to the world of music theatre! For the active, creative child who loves to express themselves through music and movement. Classes will involve drama games, ensemble music and beginner dance, culminating in a final showcase performance in our studio theatre. The final performance will be held at the end of the term showcasing the students in excerpts from a musical.
Our Fall 2018 classes will perform excerpts from the Disney hit Newsies! Filled with fun songs and exciting movement, Newsies is sure to capture hearts, and “Seize the Day”!
Wednesdays: 4:30-5:15pm – September 5- December 19
Thursdays: 4:00-4:45pm – September 6 – December 20
Saturdays: 9:00-9:45am – September 8 – December 15
A $30 Annual Registration Fee will also be added upon your first registration for the year, on checkout. Please note that HST will be added upon checkout.
What We Provide
- A small classroom environment for optimal learning
- An average teacher-to-student ratio of 1:6
- Qualified, enthusiastic instructors
- A state-of-the-art facility equipped with professional sound and lighting
- Scripts and sheet music
- Costumes and props
- Dress rehearsal and performance for friends and family
- A fun-filled experience!
- Basics of vocal performance – rhythm, breathing, simple dynamics
- Using our imaginations to become characters and create fictional settings
- Understanding of simple theatrical conventions: on-stage vs. off-stage, performer vs. audience
- Focus and presence
- Beginning line memorization
- Simple movement – parts of the body, using the stage, fast vs. slow
Sample Kinder Schedule
Week 1: Meet your instructors, and your new friends! In our first class, we learn about our fellow performers, and receive show materials to take home.
Weeks 2-4: We work on our performance skills through drama games, vocal exercises, and movement activities, along with learning the songs we’ll be performing for our friends.
Weeks 5-8: We begin to stage our performance, matching our music with movement and characters, using the techniques we’ve learned.
Week 9: Dress rehearsal! We try on our costumes and practice our final performance before the audience arrives.
Week 10: Show time! With lights, props, and costumes, we show our friends and family what we’ve learned in an ensemble performance featuring highlights from a popular musical. Students perform in our state-of-the-art Zlotnik Studio Theatre, with professional lighting and sound, and live piano accompaniment.