Teen Troupe | Ages 13-19
Teen Troupe is a professional training program that gives students the opportunity to work with industry leaders to develop advanced music theatre skills. With two full-scale productions each year, this exclusive ensemble prepares, supports, and encourages performers to realize their full potential.
The year is divided into two terms: Fall and Spring. The end of each term culminates in a full-scale production of a musical at the Toronto Centre for the Arts.
Each term, students will audition for roles, giving them the opportunity to practice preparing material and auditioning in front of a panel. Students are cast by the artistic team, often in both principal and ensemble roles.
The rest of the term is devoted to rehearsal, including staging, choreography, and music. Students are expected to review material and research the history and context of the show independently outside rehearsal time.
Teen Troupe students receive several master classes from professional guest artists throughout the year in performance techniques such as voice, dialect, and audition skills. Previous guests include Darryl Edwards, Shannon Coates, and Shawn Wright.
Rehearsals for Teen Troupe are Wednesdays 6:30-10:00pm and Sundays 4:30-10:00pm. All rehearsals take place at our facility at 77 Samor Rd (Unit 4).
Auditions for the 18/19 school year will be held in May 2018. Click here to be added to our mailing list for audition updates!
Teen Troupe audition requirements include:
- 2 contrasting music theatre songs (32-bar selection)
- 1 monologue (60 seconds or under in any style)
- Completed audition form
- Resume (optional)
2018/19 Schedule & Fees
Rehearsals: Tuesday 6:30-10:00pm | Sundays 4:30-10:00pm
Winter Production: December 14-16, 2018 at Toronto Centre for the Arts Studio Theatre
Spring Production: May 10-12 at Toronto Centre for the Arts Studio Theatre
Tuition: $2400+HST, $30 Annual Registration Fee
What We Provide
- Skilled, industry-professional instructors
- Show materials including script and score
- Two fully-realized productions in a professional setting
- Double-cast shows that allow more students to shine in lead roles
- Over 150 hours of dedicated rehearsal and training time in our state-of-the-art Zlotnik Studio Theatre
- A supportive environment for young artists to grow and explore their potential
- A fun-filled, social experience for creative youth
- Punctual attendance at all rehearsals
- Preparation: materials are reviewed outside of class time, students come to rehearsals with their script, pencil, and proper clothing/footwear
- A positive and supportive attitude
- Willingness to learn, experiment, and grow in both featured and ensemble roles
- Participation and punctual attendance in all tech and dress rehearsals, and performances