Youth Troupe | Ages 10-13
Students will develop and hone their singing, acting, and dancing skills in this pre-professional music theatre program for young performers! With two productions per year, students will gain performance experience in a professional theatre venue.
The year is divided into two terms: Fall and Spring. The end of each term culminates in a full-scale production of a Junior Musical at the Toronto Centre for the Arts.
Each term, students will audition for roles, giving them the opportunity to practice preparing material and auditioning in front of a panel. Students are cast by the artistic team, often in both principal and ensemble roles.
The rest of the term is devoted to rehearsal, including staging, choreography, and music. Students work closely with our artistic team to develop their roles and create memorable characters!
There are two Youth Troupes with different rehearsal schedules:
- Thursdays 6:00-8:30pm, and some Sundays 9:30am-12:30pm
- Saturdays 1:00-3:30pm, and some Sundays 1:00-4:00pm
All rehearsals take place at our facility at 77 Samor Rd (Unit 4).
Troupe auditions are held annually in the spring. Auditions for the 2018/19 school year were held May 9-15, 2018.
Youth Troupe audition requirements include:
- 1 music theatre song (age appropriate, 32-bar selection)
- 1 monologue (30 seconds or under in any style)
- Completed audition form
- Resume (optional)
2018/19 Schedule & Fees
Rehearsals: Thursdays 6:00-8:30pm OR Saturdays 1:00-3:30pm | Some Sundays 9:30am-12:30pm OR 1:00-4:00pm
Winter Production: December 1-2, 2018 at Toronto Centre for the Arts
Spring Production: Saturday, May 11 – Sunday, May 12, 2019 at Toronto Centre for the Arts
Tuition: $2000+HST, $30 Annual Registration Fee
What We Provide
- Skilled, industry-professional instructors
- Show materials including script and score
- Two fully-realized productions in a professional setting
- Double-cast shows that allow more students to shine in lead roles
- Over 90 hours of dedicated rehearsal and training time in our state-of-the-art Zlotnik Studio Theatre
- A supportive environment for young artists to grow and explore their potential
- A fun-filled, social experience for creative youth
- Punctual attendance at all rehearsals
- Preparation: materials are reviewed outside of class time, students come to rehearsals with their script, pencil, and proper clothing/footwear
- A positive and supportive attitude
- Willingness to learn, experiment, and grow in both featured and ensemble roles
- Participation and punctual attendance in all tech and dress rehearsals, and performances