Intermediate Troupe | Ages 12-14
Bravo Academy’s Advanced Music Theatre Troupe Program is dedicated to providing the finest music theatre education in the Greater Toronto Area.
Students work with INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS and experienced theatre educators to produce high-quality performances, while receiving ADVANCED LEVEL TRAINING in the elements of music theatre. Admission to the program is by audition only, resulting in a FAST-PACED CREATIVE ENVIRONMENT where budding artists can truly shine. Music theatre encourages children to use their IMAGINATION, work as a team, develop communication skills and build self-confidence.
Intermediate Troupe is an energetic program that works collaboratively with like-minded artists to take your music theatre skills to the next level. Enthusiastic performers will learn to advance their techniques in singing, acting, and dancing! A wonderful program for the young performer who is ready for a challenge, no experience required!
The Drowsy Chaperone JR. is a loving send-up of the Jazz Age musical, featuring one show-stopping song and dance number after another. A man shares with the audience his favorite record - the 1928 musical The Drowsy Chaperone. As he plays the record, the show comes to life in his apartment. Mix in two lovebirds on the eve of their wedding, a bumbling best man, a desperate theatre producer, a not-so-bright hostess, gangsters posing as pastry chefs, a misguided Don Juan and a clueless chaperone, and you have the ingredients for a show that will have everyone laughing.
4 additional Sunday rehearsal 1:00-4:00pm;
Monday September 13 - FIRST REHEARSAL
Friday December 3 - TECH REHEARSAL
Monday December 6 - DRESS REHEARSAL
Thursday December 9 - DRESS REHEARSAL
Saturday December 11 - SHOW 1
Sunday December 12 - SHOW 2
Fall 2021: $1,150 + HST + $33.90 Annual Registration Fee
Please refer to our Student Policies for further information.
All of our Troupe programs are audition-based. Troupe auditions are held annually in May for the following school year. Once accepted, students also audition for their role(s) at the beginning of each term. While students do not require past music theatre experience to audition, successful applicants are those that demonstrate a high level of singing and acting ability in the auditions. In addition, a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and overall energy are major factors.
Full audition requirements, along with helpful preparation tips and resources, are available on our Audition page.
What You Gain
- Learn music theatre fundamentals
- Improve your singing, dancing, and acting
- Make friends with other young performers in your community
- Build confidence
- Gain leadership and teamwork skills
- Grow creatively in a supportive environment
- Improve presentation skills
- Prepare for further studies or professional opportunities in music theatre
- Work with industry professionals
- Gain valuable performing experience
- Make lifelong friends
- Have fun!
What We Provide
- Highly skilled and credentialed industry-professional instructors
- Full-time production stage manager to oversee all Troupe class schedules and production elements
- Show materials including script and score
- Detailed schedules and rehearsal resources on Student’s Corner
- A fully-realized production in a professional setting
- Limited cast sizes so all students have a featured role
Click here to be added to our mailing list for audition updates!